Single Family


Please contact Development Services at (530) 642-4028 or to confirm your parcel’s proximity to District facilities. If your parcel does not physically touch a District water and/or wastewater line, a line extension may be required.

For additional information on line extensions, please refer to the District's line extension process [PDF]

Residential Fire Sprinkler Design Data
The adoption of residential automatic fire sprinkler systems for one- and two-family dwellings and townhouses for statewide application was approved by the Building Standards Commission on January 12, 2010 (with an effective date of January 1, 2011).

EID’s system is designed and operated to maintain a minimum operating pressure of 40 pounds per square inch (psi) during normal operations, and a residual pressure of 20 psi during the operation of one or more fire hydrants (fire flow) per the California Code of Regulations Title 22, Section 64602. EID recommends that residential fire sprinklers be designed using these minimum operational pressures. These pressures are at the meter, and do not account for losses through the meter. Actual pressures may be considerably higher. EID recommends the designer measure to static pressure at the meter to ensure the appropriate pipe pressure class is used.

If you have any questions, please contact EID Development Services at (530) 642-4028 or

Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to purchase water and sewer at the same time?
Yes, if the property is intended or required to have both water and wastewater services, both services must be procured simultaneously.

How much does it cost to purchase service?
The facility capacity charges (FCCs) are a one-time fee to recover the cost of those portions of existing District facilities that will be used by future customers and to fund needed expansion, or additional capacity, of District facilities to serve new users. The current cost to connect to District water and/or wastewater can vary, depending on the meter size required. Click here for the FCC schedule. Additionally, time and materials charges will apply if your property does not have a water outlet or sewer service stub in place. These fees do not include the time and materials costs that may be applicable. Please note that connection fees can change without notice.

Contact our Development Services staff to verify connection fees and existing service outlets/service stubs. If it is determined that the property will need to have a water outlet and/or sewer service stub installed, a written job estimate for providing the services will be required at a fee of $125 per applicable service type. The appropriate District staff member will meet with the property owner to determine service location and provide a detailed estimate for anticipated time and material charges. The amount estimated for the work must be paid in full at the time service is purchased.

I have a large home and sizeable area for landscaping. Will a ¾” meter meet my needs?
Development Services staff cannot advise what size meter will best suit your needs. However, we offer a Meter Flow Chart [PDF] that can help you make that determination.

What is your lead time on meter installations?
Typically, meters are installed within a 4-6 week time frame.


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer