CLICK HERE for weekly and year-to-date
customer conservation progress.
|Sign up to be notified when drought-related news is posted to the website by going to eNews Sign Up and entering your email address and choosing "Drought Information" under the news category.|
The District's service area has experienced two consecutive dry years, with calendar year 2013 being the driest on record. Very little precipitation has fallen in the latter part of 2013, leading to a great deal of concern for the water supply outlook heading into 2014. On February 4, the EID board of directors declared a Stage 2 Water Warning in our service area. The Board is hopeful that customers will voluntarily meet the 30% conservation target.
- Click here for helpful tips on saving 30% inside and outside your home or business.
- Click here for more about mandatory watering restrictions.
- Click here to learn more about the four stages of drought.
- Click here for frequently asked questions about watering restrictions (choose "watering restrictions" from the drop down menu).
EID encourages customers to continue to be mindful of their indoor and outdoor water usage and conserve water in every way possible.
| The Outingdale service area remains under a Stage 4 Water Emergency. No outside watering is permitted. Residents are encouraged to limit their water usage to 50 gallons of water per person per day.
Click on the images to download a print-ready copy of these signs.
- Update on Stage 2 drought conservation progress (9/8; begins on page 8)
- Update on Stage 2 drought conservation progress (8/25; begins on page 7)
- Update on Stage 2 drought conservation progress (8/11)
- Update on Stage 2 drought conservation progress (7/28)
- Update on Stage 2 drought conservation progress (7/14)
- Update on Stage 2 drought conservation progress | Reconsideration to discuss implementation of drought rates (6/23)
- Update on Stage 2 water warning, includes presentation (June 9)
- Update on Stage 2 water warning, includes presentation (May 12)
- Update on Stage 2 water warning and implementation of drought rates, includes presentation (April 28)
- Consideration of revisions to Drought Action Plan, and implementation of drought rates (April 15)
- Special Board Meeting to consider Draft Drought Action Plan (April 2)
- Workshop to Review Drought Action Plan (March 24 meeting, AIS #11)
- Update on the Stage 2 water warning (March 10 meeting, AIS #9)
- Overview of District's Drought-related Outreach Activities (February 24 meeting)
- Special Board Meeting, February 4, 2014: Agenda and Packet | PowerPoint
- Water Supply Conditions Update (AIS #11 from January 13, 2014 Board packet)
- EID Began Trucking Water to Outingdale Residents on September 9 (9/8)
- Stage 4 Water Emergency Restrictions Resume for Outingdale (7/31)
- Customer Water Conservation Continues to Improve (7/31)
- Message from the EID General Manager: Drought Update and Water Curtailment (July/August 2014)
- 6/12/2014: Message from the EID General Manager: Update on the Drought
- 5/22/2014: Message from the EID General Manager: Measuring Conservation Progress
- 4/15/2014: EID Board Adopts Mandatory Irrigation Schedule, Watering Day Restrictions Effective April 22
- 2/5/2014: EID Board Declares Drought Emergency, Calls For Voluntary Conservation of 30%
- 1/29/2014: EID Plans for Stage 1 Drought
- 1/13/2014: EID Board Asks For Voluntary Water Conservation, Stops Short of Declaring Drought
- EID Office of Water Efficiency
- EID Domestic Water Reuse - Graywater
- 100+ Ways to Conserve
- UC Guide to Healthy Lawns: Schedule your irrigation
This web page offers step-by-step instructions to determine how much to water your lawn based on where you live, your sprinkler output, and the type of grass you have.
- Lawn Watering Guide for California (University of California, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources)
- Be Water Smart (Regional Water Authority)
- Save Our Water - Save Our Water is a statewide program aimed at helping Californians reduce their everyday water use. Learn how to calculate your water use at home, save water inside and outside the home, and more.
- 2014 Drought Watch (Association of California Water Agencies)
- Water Conditions (CA Department of Water Resources)
- Exemption Forms
- Mandatory Watering Restrictions Postcard
- March/April 2014 Waterfront - Special Drought Edition
- May/June 2014 Waterfront - Special Drought Edition
- July/August 2014 Waterfront - Special Drought Edition
- Drought Action Plan - 2014 Update
- EID Water Waste Prohibition (Administrative Regulation 1041)
- Restaurant "Water--Served Upon Request" tent card
- Restaurant "Water--Served Upon Request" poster (contact us to request for your restaurant)
- Poster: This lawn isn't dead, it's just sleeping
- Poster: We support EID's call to conserve
- What does it mean to save 30% indoors and outdoors? (Water saving tips for inside and outside your home)