Stay in the know, sign up for for eNews notifications.
Forebay Dam Project - Update
Earlier Winter Weather Brought Pause to Forebay Project
Earlier winter weather and ground moisture conditions led to some finishing touches of the Forebay Dam Modification Project to be deferred until late spring or early summer 2020.
- Installation of accessible facilities in the Day Use Area
- Completion of grading on the dam
- Installation of permanent fencing and gates
- Establishment of vegetative ground cover
Accomplishments as of December 2019 include completion of the following:
- Water supply outlet improvements
- Earthen stability berm
- 10-foot raise in dam height
- Forebay inlet channel improvements
- New emergency spillway control structure
The Forebay Day Use areas will be reopened to the public and fish will be restocked in the reservoir following completion of the remaining project activities. We currently anticipate the facilities will be reopened in late spring or early summer in 2020 depending on weather conditions.
For more information regarding the project, please visit the Forebay Updates and Documents webpage. For project and construction related questions you may contact us as listed below.
Phone: (530) 622-4513, ask for a Forebay Project representative.