MATERIALS AVAILABLE. Educational materials are available to all local school districts within the EID service area and the City of Placerville. These complimentary materials include interactive classroom booklets for your students (K-8) concerning water conservation, the water cycle, wastewater treatment and water-themed coloring books. Educators and community youth leaders may contact EID’s Office of Water Efficiency at 530-642-4126 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request free educational materials.
EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES. EID works with community partners around the region to provide educational resources to teachers and students. Visit our Student and Teacher Resources webpage to find materials, lesson plans, trainings, workshops, and interactive websites at no cost.
WATER CONSERVATION LEGISLATION. On May 31, 2018, Governor Brown signed two bills which build on the ongoing efforts to “make water conservation a California way of life.” SB 606 (Hertzberg) and AB 1668 (Friedman) reflect the dedicated work of many water suppliers, environmental organizations, and members of the Legislature.
SB 606 and AB 1668 emphasize efficiency and stretching existing water supplies in our cities and on farms. Efficient water use is the most cost-effective way to achieve long term conservation goals, as well provide the water supply reliability needed to adapt to our changing needs in California.
Some have misinterpreted the immediate impact of this law. It does not impose individual mandates for homeowners or businesses. The mandates will fall on urban water suppliers – not customers. The links below provide the facts.
- California Water Boards Fact Sheet: Water Efficiency Legislation will Make California More Resilient to Impacts of Future Droughts
- Correct Information on California Water Efficiency Laws (ACWA Press Release 1/2/2020)
- Fast Facts on the Water conservation Legislation (California Department of Water Resources)
CONTACT US. To obtain more information about any of these programs please call 530-642-4126 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA)
- Be Water Smart from the Regional Water Authority
- CA Landscape Contractors Association
- CA Native Plant Society, El Dorado County Chapter
- Cosumnes, American, Bear, and Yuba (CABY
Integrated Regional Water Management Plan (IRWMP)
- Department of Water Resources - Water Education Materials
- EcoLandscape CALIFORNIA - bringing landscapes into harmony with nature
- El Dorado County Master Gardeners
- "How to Videos" at BeWaterSmart.info
- Irrigation Table - Helps you estimate when and how much to water
- Mountain Counties Water Resources Association (MCWRA)
- Regional Water Authority (RWA)
- SWAT Tested Controllers from the Irrigation Association
- U.C. Cooperative Extension, El Dorado County
- Upper American River Foundation
- U.S. EPA - WaterSense Program
- Water Education for Teachers - Project Wet
- Water Education Foundation