Sewer service inspections are made by both the El Dorado Irrigation District (EID) and by El Dorado County. This document describes EID’s requirements.
- Call Underground Service Alert (USA) at 811 prior to excavation. (Requires a 48 hour notice).
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact both EID and the County 48 working hours in advance to schedule the appropriate inspections once the site is ready to inspect.
- It is preferable to have either the builder or the plumber on site for the inspection.
- Have the site ready for inspection when EID staff arrives.
- Visual inspection of all work is required or it cannot be accepted.
- Re-inspections, regardless of the reason, will be charged a field call fee.
- Effective June 13, 2017, this site provides the only method to request a first or final sewer inspection. Please read the customer acknowledgment file below prior to requesting an inspection.
- Customers will not receive a call prior to the inspection unless requested in the special directions. The inspection will be completed on the second business day after submittal.
- Sewer First Inspection Request
- Sewer Final Inspection Request
- Sewer Inspection Request - Cancellation