Sewer service inspections are made by both the El Dorado Irrigation District (EID) and by El Dorado County. This document describes EID’s requirements.
- Call Underground Service Alert (USA) at 811 prior to excavation. (Requires a 48 hour notice).
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact both EID and the County 48 working hours in advance to schedule the appropriate inspections once the site is ready to inspect.
- It is preferable to have either the builder or the plumber on site for the inspection.
- Have the site ready for inspection when EID staff arrives.
- Visual inspection of all work is required or it cannot be accepted.
- Re-inspections, regardless of the reason, will be charged a field call fee.
- Effective June 13, 2017, this site provides the only method to request a first or final sewer inspection. Please read the customer acknowledgment file below prior to requesting an inspection.
- Customers will not receive a call prior to the inspection unless requested in the special directions. The inspection will be completed on the second business day after submittal.
Do not submit this request for inspection if the meter(s) have not been installed and/or if the site will not be ready by the second business day after the request is made or you may be charged an additional field call fee for re-inspections
- Sewer First Inspection Request
- Sewer Final Inspection Request
- Sewer Inspection Request - Cancellation