Sewer service inspections are made by both the El Dorado Irrigation District (EID) and by El Dorado County. This document describes EID’s requirements.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact both EID and the County 48 working hours in advance to schedule the appropriate inspections.
- Have the contractor performing the work on the job site when the inspection occurs.
- Visual inspection of all work is required or it cannot be accepted.
- Call Underground Service Alert (USA) at 811 prior to excavation. (Requires a 48 hour notice).
- Customers will not receive a call prior to the inspection unless requested in the special directions. The inspection will be completed on the second business day, unless multiple sites have been requested.
Effective June 13, 2017, this site provides the only method to request a first or final sewer inspection. Please read the customer acknowledgment file below prior to requesting an inspection.
- Sewer First Inspection Request
- Sewer Final Inspection Request
- Sewer Inspection Request - Cancellation