Homeowners who live in communities supplied with recycled water are known as dual-plumbed. These homes have two meters serving each lot. One meter is for the drinking (potable) water and is marked with a "W" at the curb. The second meter supplies recycled water and is connected to purple piping. This meter is marked with an "R" at the curb. Recycled water is used for landscape irrigation only.
EID requires an irrigation plan and an inspection of all the purple recycled water piping that is installed in the landscaping. See the Landscape Contractors webpage for more information.
All drinking water piping that extend underground from the house for water features, pools, BBQs, sinks, etc., is required to be constructed of copper. An approved plan and an inspection are required for these installations.
Please click on the links below for more information or contact us.
(530) 295-6873 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current Authorized Contractor List
- Homebuyer Notification Form
- Recycled Water Irrigation System Installation Overview
- Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
- Recycled Water Brochure
- Title 22
- California Department of Public Health
- California State Licensing Board