Contractors and Designers
EID requires that all landscape contractors, designers, and pool contractors working on lots supplied with recycled water attend an EID recycled water workshop before an irrigation or fill line plan is submitted or any landscape work is performed on a dual-plumbed lot. A schedule of the upcoming workshop dates is posted on the recycled water Regulations webpage.
Irrigation System, Pool, and Water Feature Plan Design
All irrigation system, pool, and water feature plans must be designed in accordance with the current EID Design & Construction Standards (D&Cs). Plans are required to be emailed to EID for review and approval. Allow 10 business days for the plan review.
- Email plan sets to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maximum File Size 20MB
- Preferred File Format is Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Image formats accept JPG, PNG - not preferred
- CAD or AutoCAD drawing formats are NOT accepted
- EID Plan Submittal Form shall be included
Recycled Water Pipe Inspections
Two inspections are required to complete the installation of the recycled water irrigation system.
- The open-trench inspection is conducted first and requires that all purple pipe with purple ID tape shall be left completely exposed in the trenches. Contractors or homeowners do not have to be present for the open-trench inspection. An EID inspector will leave an inspection form at the home when each inspection is completed.
- The final inspection is conducted when the irrigation system is completed and the landscaping is installed. The contractor or homeowner is required to be present during the final inspection for system testing and adjustments.
Pool & Water Feature Pipe Inspections
Piping that extends underground from the house to supply pools, water features, sinks, etc., is required to be drinking water and constructed of copper pipe with blue ID tape. An approved plan and an open trench inspection is required for installation.
All dual-plumbed homes are required to have the drinking water line from the meter to the home inspected by EID.
Request by Phone: (530) 295-6873
Note that this message line is checked daily but does not go directly to the inspector in the field.
Additional Information for Download